Benefits of Hospital or Pet Care Business Certification
Improved client confidence
- It will allow staff to project that they are both caring and skilled, rather than projecting a desire to rush through their visits to earn more money.
Lower anxiety for staff and clients
- Clients know their pets will be handled in a caring and calm manner. Staff know they won’t have to struggle since they understand how to get patients to willingly comply with and accept medical procedures.
Increased staff efficiency and higher productivity
- Less staff time is spent on restraining animals due to increased skill.
Lower injury rates and fewer worker’s compensation claims
- Improved handler skill results in a decrease in animal-induced injuries.
Higher job satisfaction
- Better training leads to lowered stress in staff.
Additional Benefits of Individual Certification
- Clients, employers, and potential employers know that the certified individual has added a valuable skill set to their available repertoire.
- Coursework earns 20 RACE-approved CE units. CCPDT, CBCC, and IAABC CE units are also available.
- This course meets the requirements for 20 RACE hours of continuing education credit for veterinarians and veterinary technicians in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB’s RACE approval.
- Participants should be aware that some state boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in specific categories and/or restrictions on specific methods of delivery.