CERTIFICATION AS A LOW STRESS HANDLING ® BUSINESS REQUIRES THAT A MINIMUM OF 51% OF STAFF/EMPLOYEES (INCLUDING PART-TIME) WHO WORK MORE THAN 8 HOURS PER WEEK BECOME CERTIFIED IN LOW STRESS HANDLING® AS DESCRIBED UNDER THE INDIVIDUAL CERTIFICATION SECTION.
You must have a minimum of 2 full-time (36hrs+ a week. Both certified), or 1 full-time (certified) and 2 part-time (at least 1 certified) to qualifyLSH Silver Certification ENROLL NOW!
How long does my facility/business have to complete certification?
Once a facility/business registers to begin the certification process, it has 180 days for a minimum of 51% of its staff to complete the course. Individual enrollee re-enrollments will prolong the amount of time it takes for a facility/business to become certified.
How long does certification last?
Unlike individuals, facility/business must re-certify every three years. The majority of veterinary facilities see a 30% or higher staff turnover rate each year – meaning that even just after two years, only 30% – 45% of the original team members may remain.
What is the process for Facility/Bussiness re-certification?
To re-certify, facilities/businesses must re-establish a minimum of 51% of current staff that is Certified in Low Stress Handling®.
- At 2.5 years, the facilities/business receives notification that it’s time to re-certify. Only staff members who are not Certified in Low Stress Handling® need to take the course.
- For Example: When first certifying, a hospital has 51 staff members out of 100 become certified. Over the next 2.5 years, they lose 30 staff members and must rehire. With the turnover, now only 40 LSH certified individuals remain on staff. To re-certify, this 100-employee hospital will need to certify at least 11 additional staff members in order to fulfill the “51% minimum” requirement.
- Send an a email showing the total number of all current full-time (36hrs a week) and part-time (8 hours a week or more) employees that have contact with the public (this includes front desk/support staff and managers) and/or animals, and listing the names and graduation dates of those that are Certified in Low Stress Handling®. For large facilities please use an excel spreadsheet. Send this to Support@LowStressHandling.com with the subject line “Certified Facility or Business Application”. Once we have confirmed the LSH graduates and that you meet the 51% threshold, you will be advised that you qualify and we will update our directory.
- Note: A certified facility/business may decide to make it standard policy for all new technicians and staff to receive Certification in Low Stress Handling® as part of safety training. In that case, those employees join the hospital’s roster of certified staff members as they become certified. As a result, when it’s time to re-certify the hospital may easily still retain the 51% minimum of certified staff, even with normal staff turnover.
- Note: During the three-year period, a certified hospital may hire new technicians and assistants who completed their Certification in Low Stress Handling® elsewhere. When it’s time to re-certify, those new previously-certified employee are counted toward the “51% minimum” requirement.
What does it cost?
Variable cost depending on the number of people being certified at that hospital/clinic/group:
Group of 4 – 14 people — $305.00 per person
Group of 15 – 19 people — $280.50 per person
Group of 20 – 44 people — $264.00 per person
Group of 45+ people — $246.50 per person
Payment is 100% at the time of registration.
Groups may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) directly through the Low Stress Handling® University payment/checkout system; checks/money orders (payable to CattleDog Publishing) must be approved prior to admission/enrollment.
Groups must give CattleDog Publishing the participant’s contact information so we can verify their enrollments with their Group Discount Tier status.
Cost for enrolling additional staff members/employees.
After initial registrations, facilities/businesses may enroll additional staff members or decide to certify new staff as part of regular training even after the hospital is certified. Facilities/businesses will only be charged the discounted individual certification price per additional staff members/employees, based on total cumulative enrolled group size.
Cost for Re-certification
The only cost associated with facilities/business re-certification will be to enroll additional/new staff/employees in order to meet the 51% minimum certified staff requirement. We are developing a recertification or CE standard, probably based on a 2-year cycle and will work to keep those costs down. Watch this website for news.LSH Silver Certification ENROLL NOW!