Navigating Around in the University
I don’t live in the United States. Can I still purchase enrollments in the Low Stress Handling University?
LSimple answer: YES!!!
The slightly longer answer: If you live outside of the United States you can certainly still purchase enrollments in the Low Stress Handling University. There are, however, just a few simple steps you will need to complete on the Billing page where you enter your credit card information. If you try to complete the purchase without following these simple steps, you will receive an error message which says: “Error: Your payment was declined for the following reason: The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder. (Response Reason Code: 27)”
Steps for Completing Billing Information for Countries Outside of the United States:
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your first name, last name, company (optional), and phone number (optional).
- Click on the country link (default is United States).
- Select the appropriate country.
- Enter the zip or postal code for your billing address
- If entering your billing postal code does not trigger an automatic population of the Province and Country, click Go.
- Enter the remainder of the address information (street address 1 and street address 2 (optional)).
- Enter your credit card information (credit card number, expiration date, and security code).
- Click the button that reads Submit.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my course(s) or the Low Stress Handling University?
For all questions, problems, or issues, please email CattleDog Publishing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if your prefer to call, you may reach CattleDog Publishing at (530) 757-2383, ext. 2.
Where do I find my Certificate of Completion?
At the top right corner of the Low Stress Handling University page, click on the lime green down arrow beside the line which reads “You are logged in as: . . . ”
From this drop-down menu, select “Transcript.” On the page that follows, you will find your Certificates of Completion listed at the top of the page. These Certificates of Completion are high-quality PDF documents which may be downloaded and/or printed from within the Low Stress Handling University and are of a quality which is suitable for framing. From this same page, you may also print your complete transcript which includes each of the courses you have taken, the credits you have earned, and the competencies you have gained.
How do I edit my student profile?
At the top right of the Low Stress Handling University environment, select the lime green down arrow next to the line which reads: “You are logged in as: . . . ” From this drop down menu select “Edit Profile.”
On the menu that pops up, you have 2 options: Change Password and Edit your Information. Click the down arrow next to either of these for more options.
From the Change Password menu option, you may select a new password of your choosing. Upon clicking Submit, this password will become effective immediately and will be required the next time you log in.
From the Edit Your Information menu item, you may change your phone number, address, job title, company name, and default language. In order to change your name, username, or email address, you must email CattleDog Publishing at email@example.com or call (530) 757-2383, ext. 2.
About the Low Stress Handling Certification
How does Low Stress Handling Certification compare to Fear Free Certificatiom
Low Stress Handling Certification
- The Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program is a 20 CE unit RACE approved course.
- It provides an in-depth understanding of reading the body language of dogs and cats in a veterinary or pet-care setting and how to respond to that animal to reduce stress.
- Specific instruction in counter-conditioning, reducing stress, and reducing staff injury risks are covered in approximately half of the course content.
- In short, this program is focused on when you have to put your hands on the animal to provide care in a less stressful way.
Fear Free Certification
- The Fear Free program starts with a 9 hour program with emphasis on:
- The hospital environment
- Communication between staff and with clients regarding fear, anxiety, and stress reduction
- Specific education in anxiety-reducing medications
- Approximately 2 – 3 hours of this course covers basic handling skills.
What is the biggest benefit of the Low Stress Handling Certification program?
Students will gain the confidence to know and accurately judge the behavior of the animal in front of them for brewing fear and aggression, and have the specific skills for handling that will reduce the impending bite risk. Many of our students have commented that the course changed their professional life for the better, allowing them to treat their patients in a kinder and safer way for both themselves and the animals.
Which of my staff should take the Low Stress Handling Certification course?
Any member of the staff who has direct contact with dogs or cats in a pet-care or veterinary environment should take the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification course. This would include:
- Veterinary Technicians / Nurses
- Veterinary Assistants
- Office Managers
- Animal behaviorists
- Animal behavior trainers
- Animal shelter workers
- Animal rescue workers
- Zoo staff
- Marine park staff
- Animal preserve staff
- Pet and other animal owners.
Finding and Accessing Courses
Who are these courses certified through and how many Continuing Education (CE) units can I earn?
All courses produced by the Low Stress Handling University have been certified by RACE, IAABC, CCPDT, and CBCC. Curriculums such as the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program (20 CE units) are just compilations of the below courses and a student does not earn additional credits by taking a curriculum versus an individual course. Curriculum CE units are an earned total number of credits based on the number of CE credits for each course/module within a Curriculum. For example, the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program is a compilation of the first 10 courses in the list below (Recognizing Brewing Fear through Canine Lab 4) and derives its 20 CE units from the number of credits that are applicable to each of those 10 courses.
- Recognizing Brewing Fear and Aggression in Dogs and Cats (2 CE units)
- Rapid Reversal of Fear and Aggression in Dogs and Cats (2 CE units)
- Low Stress Handling® and Restraint of Difficult Dogs and Cats (2 CE units)
- What Giraffes, Dogs, and Chickens Have in Common: Training Techniques the Work for All Creatures (2 CE units)
- Feline Lab: Towel Wrap Techniques for Handling Cats with Skill and Ease (1.5 CE units)
- Kitty Kindergarten: Creating the New Improved Cat Through Early Socialization (2 CE units)
- Canine Lab 1: Essential Exercises for Moving Dogs from Place to Place (2 CE units)
- Canine Lab 2: Handling and Restraining Medium-sized and Large Dogs with Skill and Ease (1 CE units)
- Canine Lab 3: Handling and Restraining Small and Medium-sized Dogs with Skill and Ease (2.5 CE units)
- Canine Lab 4: Desensitization and Counterconditioning: Teaching Dogs to Willingly Accept Medical Procedures (3 CE units)
- Creating the Perfect Puppy in 7 Days: How to Start Off Right and Stay on Track (2 CE units)
- From Missle Guiding Pigeons to Spy Dogs: How to Use Applied Behavior Analysis to Drive Huge Improvements in Your Training (2 CE units)
- Skills for Handling your Reactive or Hyperactive Dog – Part 1: Essential Exercises (2 CE units)
- Skills for Handling your Reactive or Hyperactive Dog – Part 2: The Next Steps for a Pleasant Walk (2 CE units)
How do I access my course(s) / curriculums?
There are 3 simple methods for locating your enrolled courses from the Student Dashboard.
- First, you click on My Courses from the main Student Dashboard (shown below). Alternatively, you may click on the lime green down arrow in the top right corner of the Low Stress Handling University environment, then click on Courses. If you have already started your courses, you may also click on Resume which will take you back to the last course that you were working on.
- After clicking on My Courses from the Student Dashboard, you will be taken to the first My Courses page. On this page, you will find the possibility of 4 different categories, depending on the courses or curriculums you have enrolled in. The majority of students may only see one course category listed. To enter the appropriate course category (Certification, Individual courses, DVD courses, Curriculums), click on the title of applicable course category you would like to enter.
- After clicking on the course category, you will be presented with your enrolled courses under that course category. Click the Launch button next to your course to be taken to the Course Module menu.
- After clicking the Launch button, you will be presented with one of two possible pages. If you are participating in a curriculum like the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification, the first page you will see if the Curriculum Menu. From this page, you may enter the individual modules/courses in order to complete your program of study by selecting the Launch button next to each available module/course.
- After clicking the Launch button, or if you are participating in an Individual or DVD course, the next page you will encounter is the Course Module page. From this page, you may watch course videos, participate in Discussion Questions, answer Exam Questions, and fill out evaluation surveys.
I’ve finished my current course or curriculum. How can I enroll in other courses available from the Low Stress Handling University?
- Additional courses and curriculums may be purchased from the Course Catalog found within the Low Stress Handling University. To enter the Course Catalog, you may either click on the Catalog tile on the main Student Dashboard, or by clicking on the lime green down arrow in the upper right-hand corner next to the line that reads “You are logged in as: . . . ” you may select Catalog from the drop-down menu.
- After clicking on Catalog, the first page that you will is the Course Category page. From this page you may select from the Low Stress Handling Certification program, Individual courses, DVD courses, and Curriculums (Courses Packaged Together). Currently there are only 3 of the 4 categories listed, but as soon as we have the courses prepared, students who have purchased one of the applicable Dr. Sophia Yin DVDs may now earn CE credits for the lecture(s), lab(s), or workshops contained on those DVDs; these DVD courses only contain the quizzes and or discussion questions that are needed for CE credit and do not contain the applicable videos upon which as student will be tested.
- After selecting your Course Category, you will be presented with a list of available courses within that category. To learn more about a particular course, including the topics discussed and the number of CE credits that are earned upon completion of the course, click on the down arrow to the left of the image next to each course.
- To add a course to your shopping cart, click the price next to the right of the course title and you will see the button change to show that the course has been added to your shopping cart. Once you are done adding courses to your cart, click the button which reads “Proceed to your Cart.”
- On the Your Shopping Cart page you have a few options:
- By clicking the “X” underneath the remove column, you may remove a course from your shopping cart.
- Under the Seats column, you may purchase multiple seats if you are purchasing the course for a group of individuals (each individual gets 1 seat)
- If purchasing multiple seats, the system will email you that number of enrollment keys to distribute to your group. Each enrollment Key may only be used one time.
- Currently, the only course that has Group Discounts is the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification course.
- These are discussed in a separate F.A.Q. within the Low Stress Handling Univerisity and at LowStressHandling.com.
- If you desire to add additional courses prior to checking out, you may click on the link which reads Continue Shopping.
- When you are finished adding classes and are ready to purchase your courses, click the button which reads: Proceed to Checkout.
- On the Information page, please enter or confirm the information requested.
- After completing your purchase you will either be taken back to the Student Dashboard from which you may proceed to your course, or you will be sent via email, instructions for logging in and setting up your password.
Does Low Stress Handling University offer any discounts on any of its courses?
The Low Stress Handling University does offer Group Discounts for the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program. These group discounts are based on the total number of enrollees that a group intends to enroll. The available group discounts are as follows:
- Group Discount Tier 1
- Must purchase 4 – 14 seats in order to qualify for this discount.
- Cost per individual: $305.00
- Group Discount Tier 2
- Must purchase 15 – 19 seats in order to qualify for this discount.
- Cost per individual: $280.50
- Group Discount Tier 3
- Must purchase 20 – 44 seats in order to qualify for this discount.
- Cost per individual: $264.00
- Group Discount Tier 3
- Must purchase 45 or more seats in order to qualify for this discount.
- Cost per individual: $247.50
These group discount tiers are cumulative in that a given group may move into higher discount tiers as they add additional individuals as part of their larger group. For this purpose, CattleDog Publishing requires each group contact person to email a list of names and email addresses for each person they intend to enroll to firstname.lastname@example.org. This list of group members can be used to help us set up group tracking where a supervisor or designated contact person may have the ability to view the progress of the members of their enrolled group members. This also serves to help us prevent individuals from purchasing individual courses at the group discount price.
These group discounts may be found in the Low Stress Handling University Course Catalog. There are 2 possible ways to access the Course Catalog: A) option 1 is to access it from outside of the Low Stress Handling University by either visiting LowStressHandling.com and then selecting Course Catalog from the menu at the top or by going directly to the University login page at https://university.lowstresshandling.com; or B) option 2 is to access the catalog from within the Low Stress Handling University. Both entry methods will be briefly detailed here, but once you are in the Course Catalog, all steps are the same.
How to Access the Low Stress Handling University Course Catalog:
- Go to LowStressHandling.com and select Course Catalog from the menu at the top.
- Select Start Browsing underneath the shopping cart image labeled Buy Courses.
- From within the Low Stress Handling University, either select the tile labeled Catalog or click on the lime green down arrow in the upper right corner and select Catalog from the drop-down menu.
Inside the Course Catalog:
- For the Group Discounts, select the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification category.
- From the available courses (course content is identical, the only difference is price), please select the Group Discount Tier which most closely represents your group enrollment by clicking on the price for that Group Discount Tier. If you have enrolled other students in the Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program prior to June 9, 2017, but are not sure of the exact number of previously enrolled students you have accumulated, please contact CattleDog Publishing at email@example.com or at (530) 757-2383 extension 2, before proceeding with your purchase. If you already know your total previous enrollment number, proceed as normal.
- After clicking on the price next to the applicable Group Discount Tier, the price button will change to reflect that your selection as been added to your cart. When you are ready, select the button labeled Proceed to your Cart in order to complete your purchase.
- On the Shopping Cart page please ensure that you add the number of seats that you would like to purchase in the box provided. The number of seats that you purchase must fit within the range of seats that are included in that Group Discount Tier. Once you have adjusted the number of seat you are purchasing, select the button labeled Proceed to Checkout. Upon completing your purchase, you will receive a receipt via email which will include Enrollment Keys for the number of seats you have purchased. These Enrollment Keys should be distributed to each member of your enrollment group. Each Enrollment Key may only be used once.
Are there discounts for students?
Veterinary and Veterinary Technician students do qualify for a 25% discount. To receive the 25% discount, students must contact CattleDog Publishing’s University Specialist, Sarah Flowers, in order to verify student information and current post-secondary enrollment. This may be accomplished via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (530)757-2383, ext. 2 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, PST).