Low Stress Handling Certification
- The Low Stress Handling Silver Certification program is a 20 CE unit RACE approved course.
- It provides an in-depth understanding of reading the body language of dogs and cats in a veterinary or pet-care setting and how to respond to that animal to reduce stress.
- Specific instruction in counter-conditioning, reducing stress, and reducing staff injury risks are covered in approximately half of the course content.
- In short, this program is focused on when you have to put your hands on the animal to provide care in a less stressful way.
Fear Free Certification
- The Fear Free program starts with a 9 hour program with emphasis on:
- The hospital environment
- Communication between staff and with clients regarding fear, anxiety, and stress reduction
- Specific education in anxiety-reducing medications
- Approximately 2 – 3 hours of this course covers basic handling skills.